To my mother With eyes like river water Hair like flames Dark dotted stars On her porcelain skin Who has walked the realms of hell Watching her daughter run With the Devil Witnessing eternal love In marriage Burn to ashen flames before her. To my mother Who locks away her scars In a chest no one has found Or will ever find Because she safeguards it With smiles And endless compassion Hairspray and lipstick Small talk and house work. To my mother Whose words are soothing water On many foreign wounded hands Who speaks casualties Through her lips Then writes down the universe With her pen. To my mother Who has felt the words in the wind Secrets in the soil Concepts in the treetops Sculpting them into poems That have sewn rippled hearts Across the sea. To my mother Who will never know her own worth Under her lemon juice-stained skin Finger-pinched stomach Mascara-ed eyes Who speaks beauty Who is beauty For she is God’s perfect image A creation a billion years in the making Until it was her time To be sent into the universe To change my world forever. To my mother Who continues to change the world Sending words into the universe Words responsible for the sun That beams on my cold face Wind on my heated back Moss under my aching feet. To my mother Who is loved More than she knows Or will ever know Because she is beautiful. She is a masterpiece. #poem#poetry#poet#mommy#mom#happymorhersday#mothersday#iloveyou#writing#writer#family#yourock#me#followme#love#beautiful Made with @instaquoteapp. #instaquote by chenopisatrata

Sunday, May 11, 2014



via Instagram http://ift.tt/1uQSLd0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Daily Poems And Quotes © 2013 | Plantilla diseñada por Ciudad Blogger